Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

Monday, May 12

Åland days /// working, inspiration, friends & nettles !

It's been a while since my last post.
The commission for CUS is advancing, within the typical adversities of the creative process.
We had been four days in the island Åland staying at the amazing house and woods of great friends, Sari & Johnny.
In there I had been more inspired thanks to the exhuberant nature, the surroundings, the bird sounds and the walks outside.

At the same time, I had re-discovered nettles (ortigues/ ortigas) wow! It had been forever since I haven´t made or tasted a nettle soup.
Nettles have like ten or more healthy properties. Let's just embrace them, stinging or not.
 
Some objects at the workshops of the house were truly inspiring.

The infamous nettle soup by Sari, lovely...

Old Arabia, hand painted, ceramics tea pot. Before living in Finland I didn´t know much of Arabia brand, now I can´t get enough!

The fabulous working desk , Johnny´s, that served as my painting table for some days.

A great old botanical poster.

A great Japanese print book, from Sari.



At the same time, I had been exploring more of Tove Jansson , once again, thanks to a wonderful book from Sari´s bookshelves or the magical one of the art of Hilma Af Klint
Tove Jansson artworks will be exhibited at the Ateneum Museum from Helsinki for a long time.
Both artists are hardly known back at home, by the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment